Menu

I had bananas but no eggs and I wanted to make a banana bread

Most cakes or loaves that I make, always have an egg or two.
So when I went to make banana bread with the ripe bananas in my fruit bowl .....I panicked when I saw I was out of eggs.
A little bit of a Google and I found a recipe that looked easy and was actually one of the nicest banana breads I have tried - I will definitely be making this one again!


I also got to use the Cooking Gods Measuring cups and spoons that have launched onto Amazon!





One of the best things about finding a recipe that is this easy to make is that I will get my kids to bake this the next time they ask.
  • No messy egg cracking and fishing out the egg shell fragments
  • No mixer to set up and then pack away
  • No needing to ice or frost the cake
  • And it is great to pop into a lunch box for them as well


This is the recipe ( Which I found on Taste.com.au)

INGREDIENTS


    • 2 and a 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
    • 1 Tsp salt
    • 1TBS baking powder
    • 1 cup desiccated coconut
    • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar ( I used only 1 cup)
    • 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    • 1 cup mashed banana
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1/2 cup buttermilk ( I made my own by using 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 TBSP lime juice)
    • Butter, softened, to serve
    • Honey, to serve



METHOD

  • Step 1
    Preheat oven to 180°C  (350 F). Grease and line the base and sides of a 11 x 21cm ( 4 x 8 inch) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
  • Step 2
    Place the flour, coconut, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
  • Step 3
    Whisk the banana, oil and buttermilk together in a jug. Pour into the well. Use a wooden spoon to gently stir until just combined (do not overmix). Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
  • Step 4
    Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

author Hello to all and thank you for visiting our page! I have always enjoyed cooking for my family and special occasions...
Learn More →



Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *